Application Approval Requirements
An application is considered complete when we have received an application filled out by each individual 18 and over who will be living at the property along with photo identification and the $42 application fee for each person. We process one application at a time.
- Applicants must provide a copy of government issued photo identification.
- Applicants must provide written proof of employment and/or income. If documented income is savings, applicant must have six months living expenses proven in savings (rent amount x 3 x 6 months).
- Applicants must qualify financially; gross income must equal three times the monthly rent amount.
- If there will be multiple adults applying for tenancy, we will divide the rent by the number of adults and verify based on that portion.
- If applicants are married, we will combine income for financial qualification purposes.
- Applicants must provide verifiable rental references. If we are not able to obtain a rental references it can result in denial of application. A mortgage account showing payments made on time on a credit report can be used in place of a rental reference.
- Applicants must have a minimum credit score of 675. All credit will be approved or denied on a case by case basis based on the discretion of Ballard Realty Property Management and the Property Owner.
- Applicants applying with a cosigner will be accepted on a case by case basis at the discretion of Ballard Realty Property Management and the Property Owner. We do not accept a cosigner to compensate for a credit score under 675.
- Applicants convicted of a felony will be considered on a case by case basis as determined by company policy at the discretion of Ballard Realty Property Management.
- Convicted sex offenders will be considered on a case by case basis as determined by company policy at the discretion of Ballard Realty Property Management.
- Applicants who have been convicted of other criminal acts will be considered on a case by case basis at the discretion of Ballard Realty Property Management.
- Applicants must not have been previously evicted.
- Applicants must not have filed for bankruptcy within the past 5 years.
- The Consumer Reporting Agency (screening company) providing us your credit report and reviewing your application and public records will be: Alliance 2020, Inc., PO BOX 4248, RENTON, WA 98057, Phone: 425-271-8065 /800-289-8065, Fax: 800-289-9246. In the event of a denial of tenancy or other adverse action, you have the right to dispute the accuracy in the consumer report through the screening company and to request a free copy of the consumer report from the entities designated above.
- We do not accept a comprehensive reusable tenant screening report.