Application Approval Requirements
- Applicants must provide a copy of government issued photo identification.
- Applicants must provide written proof of employment and/or income. If documented income is savings, applicant must have six months living expenses proven in savings (rent amount x 3 x 6 months).
- Applicants must qualify financially; gross income must equal three times the monthly rent amount.
- If there will be multiple adults applying for tenancy, we will divide the rent by the number of adults and verify based on that portion.
- If applicants are married, we will combine income for financial qualification purposes.
- Applicants must provide verifiable rental references. If we are not able to obtain a rental references it can result in denial of application. A mortgage account showing payments made on time on a credit report can be used in place of a rental reference.
- When pulled, applicants must have a minimum credit score of 675. All credit will be approved or denied on a case by case basis based at the discretion of Ballard Realty Property Management and the Property Owner.
- Applicants applying with a cosigner will be accepted on a case by case basis at the discretion of Ballard Realty Property Management and the Property Owner. We do not accept a cosigner to compensate for a credit score under 675.
- Sex offenders convicted as adults will be considered on a case by case basis as determined by company policy at the discretion of Ballard Realty Property Management.
- Applicants must not have been previously evicted.
- Applicants must not have filed for bankruptcy within the past 5 years.
- The Consumer Reporting Agency (screening company) providing us your credit report and reviewing your application and public records will be: Orca Information, Inc., PO BOX 277, Anacortes, WA 98221, Phone: 360-588-1633/800-341-0022, Fax: 800-522-6722. In the event of a denial of tenancy or other adverse action, you have the right to dispute the accuracy in the consumer report through the screening company and to request a free copy of the consumer report from the entities designated above.
- We do not accept a comprehensive reusable tenant screening report.
The landlord is prohibited from requiring disclosure, asking about, rejecting an applicant, or taking an adverse action based on any arrest record, conviction record, or criminal history, except for registry information as described in subsections 14.09.025.A.3, 14.09.025.A.4, and 14.09.025.A.5, and subject to the exclusions and legal requirements in Section 14.09.115.